Yesterday I ironed the calico that I had dyed, found some pretty contrasting material strips and made a few bags as a test. I used grossgrain ribbon on a couple as handles, and made a handle for one out of the material. There is no doubt that the grossgrain speeds up the process, so I look forward to recieving the roll of bright green that I have ordered through the Caloundra Sewing Centre – who have been wonderful; letting me buy wholesale through them and helping with tips when I get stuck or my sewing machines aren’t behaving the way that they should. Who would have thought that just changing the needles would solve so many problems!
I also made two dresses, but haven’t put in the elastic yet.
I washed some more of the fabric and found a long piece of denim! Thank you Tracies mum!!! It will make wonderful strong shorts for the boys!
I was up at 5 this morning, looking for free t-shirt patterns. I have only made one t-shirt so far, and it was a girls pattern and I wanted to see the difference between boys and girls. The difference is in the shoulder width – that’s all. So now I’ll make a few t-shirts and shorts.
Here are the 5 bags I’ve made so far. They only have to be the size of an A4 paper, to fit an exercise book and pencil in. These are a tiny bit bigger.
If you would like to donate to help post all these things you can do so through kickstart – thanks!